The DW5587 Travel Mute for Euphonium from Denis Wick has been developed with Steven Mead to provide a free-blowing but extremely quiet compact practice mute. It is fitted with an internal cork damper and has thick high-quality neoprene pads to help create a very soft sound.
Here is what Steven Mead says about the Euphonium Travel Mute:
“It’s the perfect solution for players who wish to practice normally but who prefer not to disturb those around them, enabling a quality sound, with excellent tuning, and free blowing throughout the entire range. Designed in cooperation with Denis Wick Products Ltd, this mute is sure to meet the needs of many players who like to carry a warm-up /practice mute inside the bell and who need this mute to perform brilliantly!
Here are its main features:
- Weighs only 200 grams
- Fits inside the bells of all euphonium models, enabling transportation with ease inside gig bags and hard cases
- Excellent intonation throughout the entire range, and the most in-tune bell mute available
- Free blowing with a soft and high quality sound, not an anonymous muffled sound but clear and with resonance
- Very quiet, approximately 5db less sound than other silent/practice mutes – perfect for satisfying your intolerant neighbours (or family members!)
- Even response from pedal tones to the very highest notes in the range
- Attractive original design, complete with leather strap for easy insertion and removal, a cork lining inside the bell of the mute, high quality neoprene pads for secure grip once inserted, and finished to the highest quality at the Denis Wick Products factory.