The new Travel Mute for baritone from Denis Wick has been developed with Steven Mead and provides the same free-blowing but extremely quiet playing quality as the Euphonium Travel Mute. It is fitted with an internal cork damper and has thick high-quality neoprene pads to help create a very soft sound.
Here is what Steven Mead says about the new Baritone Travel Mute:
Over a year in the development stage, this mute which is closely related of course to the highly successful Euphonium Travel mute, has been eagerly awaited by baritone players. It sits flush inside the bell, so can sit inside the instrument when in its case, either a hard case or a gig bag. The performance of this mute is terrific, its main features being:
- quiet and even sound
- excellent intonation right throughout the range
- even response and it feels very natural to play
- very clear high and low tones, despite the quiet sound
- a lie-flat leather handle for easy removal of the mute
- doesn’t demand extra effort from the performer, allowing the musician to play freely…and still not disturb the neighbours…or sleeping children!